I have a very mobile toddler. And by mobile, I hardly mean “skilled”. It’s actually quite reminiscent of people watching Frat Row on a Friday night. He crashes into things more frequently than actually reaching his intended destinations. And forget turning around, that’s asking way too much. Unless the dog is handy to hold on to while he pivots 180 degrees. So injuries, scrapes and bruises are common place. At home I have my cabinets and drawers always “at the ready” with my essential oils and “fix its” for his owies. But I needed something on the go as well. When I found some adorable “first aid” boxes, I knew I’d struck gold! I transferred key oils into travel sized bottles and taped a “cheat sheet” into the box. We’re now ready for just about anything… I hope…
What’s in the box and why?
Here are some of the many uses I’ve found listed on-line (but I’m no doctor, so don’t take this as medical advice!)
- Concussions, skin problems, blisters, sore muscles, immune system
- Fevers, stomach upset, indigestion, sore throat, cough, constipation
- Melaleuca (AKA Tea Tree)
- ‘’Disinfecting cuts, builds immunity, ear problems, sore throat, allergies, inflammation, lice, flu, cold sores, hives, rashes
- Nausea, congestion, pain, bruising, fever, insets bites/stings, poison ivy/oak, food poisoning
- Pain, bruising, minor burns, swollen eyes, vertigo, bleeding
- Bacterial infections, disinfect cuts/scrapes, reduces, pain, bruising, inflammation, strep throat, constipation
- Pain, sleeplessness, cuts, burns, scrapes, allergies, sunburns, cold sores
- cuts, scrapes, inflammation, burns, rashes, canker sores, cold sores, fungal infections, viral infections, ear infections
- Tooth pain, allergies, bug bites, deodorant, ear infections, stings, UTI
- cold, flu, tooth ache, poison ivy, headaches, sore throat, antiseptic
Add in a few Band-Aids, some q-tips for applications and you’re ready for whatever life (or your toddler) may throw at you!