Mr. Popper’s Penguins: Chapters 6-10
Disclosure: We only recommend products we like and use/would use ourselves! This recommendations may contain an affiliate link. This means we may earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting us ❤︎
In this part of the book, Mr. Popper begins to get to know his pet penguin, Captain Cook. And the locals get terribly confused by the newest member of their community. And the Poppers begin to watch some fascinating penguin behavior!
- A Visit to the Emperor Penguins Rookery at Snow Hill Island, Antarctica
- Penguin Nest Making in Antarctica
- Are Penguins Friendly? (Explained)
- King Penguins Parade At The Cincinnati Zoo
- Penguin Nesting Rocks
- Penguin Sliding (2 ways to toboggan with penguins!)
- Pengoloo – a great penguin game sent to us by our cousins!
- Shoebox fridge for Captain Cook’s Rookery
- A rookery from rocks we have at home
- We also made a second penguin same as last week – Greta!
- Pictures will be on our Instagram this week!
In Chapter 7 there is a long list of the things Captain Cook collected for his own rookery. So, we made a list and went hunting for how many things we could find and put in our rookery! I had to change a few items, or offer alternatives. We don’t have pipes in our home… or a buttonhook! Feel free to download the pdf of this checklist by clicking on the image above or clicking here.
We are fast becoming super penguin fans! See you back next Wednesday for Chapters 11-15!