This book starts off with a lot of fascinating information about penguins. Mr. Popper loves the North and South Poles and enjoys learning about them every night after work! So a lot of our supplemental materials for this first section of the book will revolve around learning about the Arctic, Antarctica, and Penguins!
- A video interview with Admiral Byrd, discussing his expeditions and life in Antarctica
- A radio interview was done in Maine with Byrd, to entertain explorers at Little America
- Maps of Antarctica expeditions
- 3D/Virtual Reality of Antarctica locations
- 360° Antarctica – Unexpected Snow | National Geographic
Be sure to use the remote in the top left corner!
- Purchase a Google Cardboard VR headset here! (affiliate link)
- Live Antarctica WebCams
Happy exploring! See you back next Wednesday for Chapters 6-10!